Let us develop your product! From the moment your idea is born all the way to production!
As providers of development services, we develop complete control systems and devices, electronic components, firmware and suitable housing. We have long term experience in creation, design, development and verification of functionally safe sensors, control technology and components of collaborative robots. We implement these and your non-safety-relevant product development efficiently and on time, in compliance with the required manufacturing and agreed development costs. Our stable and mature development processes enable us to deliver the highest quality and the desired development result on time.
- We take over the complete product development or the implementation of sub-projects in close cooperation with your development team.
- Creation of rapid prototypes, demonstrators and functional samples.
- We extend the functionality of your system, for example with additional interfaces and fieldbuses.
- Perform threat assessments and risk evaluations. Creation of security concepts and secure source code as well as execution of common security related tests.
- We develop electronics with suitable firmware and housings considering all ip protection classes and environmental requirements. We develop according to your processes and policies or according to our certified and stable development process. We use either your tool environment or the embeX's own tool landscape.
- Integration of highly specialized ASICs, programming of FPGAs, µControllers and CPUs on all common platforms.
- Development of the suitable runtime system or integration of the appropriate real-time operating system for your product
- Verification and accompaniment of the certification at the TÜV or another certification body of your choice
Series production and the product life cycle
- Once the development has been completed, we expertly adjust your production - or that of an EMS - and support your product throughout its entire life cycle.
- We take the pressure off your team by providing competent support for your successful brand-name products.
- In the event of component discontinuations, we will help you updating your products.
- Functionally safe and non-safety relevant programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Functionally safe and non-safety relevant IO modules and other bus terminals
- Functionally safe and non-safety relevant relay modules and components
- Fieldbus coupler and gateways as well as integration of communication protocols
- Wireless communication interfaces for automation components
- Versatile sensors for industrial automation
- Control platforms for industrial robots and machines
- Safety modules for drives incl. realisation of standard compliant and customer specific drive based safety functions such as STO, SBC, SS1, SS2, SOS, SLP, SLS, SSM, SCA
- Functionally safe signalling and lighting technology
- Operating devices, HMIs, display elements and configuration and parameterisation devices and display elements
Standards and Directives
We are certified to IEC 61508 and work to the following standards and directives among others
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/CE
- Low voltage directives 2014/35/EU, IEC 61010-1, IEC 60950-1, IEC 62368-1
- EMC directive 2014/30/EU, e.g. IEC 61326-1, EN 55011
- IEC 61508: “Functional Safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems”
- ISO 13849: “Safety of machinery - Safety-related parts of control systems”
- IEC 62061: “Safety of machinery – functional safety of electrical, electronic and programmable electronic safety-related control systems”
- EN 12100: “Safety of machinery - General principles for design - Risk assessment and risk reduction”
- EN 61131: “Programmable controllers”
- IEC 61496: “Safety of machinery - Electro-sensitive protective equipment”
- IEC 61784: “Industrial communication networks ...: Functionally safe transmission in fieldbuses...”
- IEC 61800: “Adjustable speed electrical power drive systems – Part 5-2: Safety requirements – Functional”
- IEC 62998: “Safety of machinery - Electro-sensitive protective equipment - Safety-related sensors used for protection of person”
- EN 10218: “Robots and robotic devices - Safety requirements for industrial robots”, Part 1
- IEC 62443: “Industrial communication networks - Network and system security”
- IEC TR 63074: “Security aspects related to functional safety of safety-related control systems”