Let us develop your product! From the moment your idea is born all the way to production!
As providers of development services, we design pitch and energy storage systems for wind turbines and develop complete control systems and drives, electronic components, firmware and suitable housing. Our stable and mature development processes enable the highest quality and on-schedule delivery of your development results.
- Our team has more than 10 years of experience in developing efficient and highly robust, reliable system solutions in pitch systems for onshore and offshore wind turbines.
- We design, develop and verify functionally safe drive systems and subsystem components.
- We specify, design and develop electrical energy storage and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) according to your requirements.
- For type tests and series tests in production we develop and supply test benches.
- Based on pre-concept studies and feasibility studies, such as statistical load simulation and analysis, we define system requirements.
- At all levels of system development, we develop architectures, detailed specifications, specifications and test specifications.
- We simulate electric drive systems such as pitch systems with MATLAB® Simulink® and in DNV GL Bladed, thus optimizing control structures.
- We develop, verify and qualify the performance and safety features of electromechanical systems in our in-house laboratory and accompany the certification.
Series production and the product life cycle
- Once development has been completed, we expertly adjust your production - or that of an EMS - and support your product throughout its entire life cycle.
- We take the pressure off your team by providing competent support for your successful brand-name products.
- In the event of component discontinuations, we will help you revise your systems and products.
- We specialise in the design and optimisation of pitch systems for wind turbines up to 8 MW based on
- AC motors
- Permanent magnet motors (PM)
- Servo motors
- Reluctance motors
- Asynchronous motors
- DC motors
- Series-wound motors
- Shunt motors
- Compound motors
- AC motors
- Highly robust drives and power supplies with high reliability for use in extreme environments
- Optimized electrical power supply via the slip ring through intelligent power and energy management
- Reduction of cable cross-sections, network load and repercussions through integration of ultracapacitors
- Development and qualification of control cabinets according to low voltage and EMC requirements for rotary operation in the hub for hot and cold climate locations as well as for the offshore sector
- Development of lighting protection along with high and low voltage ride-through solutions to maximize plant availability
- Realisation of safety functions for drive systems like
- STO, SBC, SS1, SLP, SLS
- Safe movement in a safe end position (emergency drive)
- Customized safety features
- Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) based on
- Li-ion technology
- Lead-flow batteries
- Hybrid systems
- Customized holding brakes for AC and DC drive motors
- Test benches for quality assurance in series production as well as development-accompanying test bench technology
- Uncover cost optimization potential along the value chain and implement product customization
Directives and Standards
We are certified to IEC 61508 and work to the following standards and directives among others
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/CE
- Low voltage directives 2014/35/EU
- EMC directive 2014/30/EU
- IEC 61508: “Functional Safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems”
- ISO 13849: “Safety of machinery - Safety-related parts of control systems”
- IEC 62061: “Safety of machinery – functional safety of electrical, electronic and programmable electronic safety-related control systems”
- EN 12100: “Safety of machinery - General principles for design - Risk assessment and risk reduction”
- IEC 61131: “Programmable controllers”
- IEC 61784-3: “Industrial communication networks ...: Functional safety fieldbuses...”
- IEC 61800-5: “Adjustable speed electrical power drive systems ...”
- IEC 60034: “Rotating electrical machinery”
- IEC 60529: “Degrees of protection provided by enclosures (IP Code)”
- EN 60204: “Safety of machinery - Electrical equipment of machines - Part 1: General requirements”
- EN 60439: “Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies - Part 1: Type-tested and partially type-tested assemblies”
- EN 50272-2: “Safety requirements for secondary batteries and battery installations - Part 2: Stationary batteries”
- EN 62391: “Fixed electric double-layer capacitors for use in electric and electronic equipment - Part 1: Generic specification”
- EN 60721-3-3: “Classification of environmental conditions -...”
- IEC 61400: “Wind energy generation systems”
- IEC 61000-4-5: “ Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)”
- DNV GL Directive on the certification of wind turbines, issued 2010 and 2012