Let us develop your product! From the moment your idea is born all the way to production!
embeX develops complete system solutions and products, including reliable and functionally safe electronic controls, drives and sensors as well as their firmware and software. For mobile applications, we take into account the customer-specific requirements and the relevant standards in the respective target markets.
At embeX, the Mobile Automation sector covers the following application areas:
- Agricultural and forestry machinery
- Construction machinery and mobile machines
- Special vehicles and municipal vehicles
- Small electric vehicles such as e-bikes
- Industrial trucks and transport systems for intralogistics
- Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) and Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR)
Wherever intelligent control, sensor and actuator solutions provide more safety and relief for the operator, e.g. through semi-autonomous or autonomous solutions, we are your competent and reliable partner. We develop efficiently, based on innovative and proven technologies:
- Electrification and digitalisation of previously mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic solutions.
- Industry 4.0: IoT and networking of components in the system (e.g. precision farming, smart farming, M2M communication)
- Communication interfaces such as ISOBUS
- Predictive maintenance, remote services, condition monitoring
As a development service provider, we offer everything from a single source within the scope of project implementation. From the holistic view through system engineering to individual components, we develop hardware, software and mechanical solutions. This includes the complete life cycle from specification to verification and life cycle management. Through our certification service for functional safety, embedded security, market-specific and radio approvals, we prove compliance with the requirements.
We design and develop systems and components independently or in partnership with our customers' development team.
- embeX is the leading company for the development of functionally safe solutions. We are the first company in the world to be certified by TÜV Rheinland with the highest possible maturity level for the development process.
- We safeguard functional safety through cyber security and calculate safety indicators using FMEDA.
- We protect your systems with enclosures and measures, even in harsh operating conditions.
- Verification and validation are carried out reliably and automatically in a specialised department.
- We actively accompany the certifications by the testing bodies.
- We carry out your development project on schedule and transparent.
Series Production and Life Cycle
- Once the development has been completed, we expertly adjust your production - or that of an EMS - and support your product throughout its entire life cycle.
- We take the pressure off your team by providing competent support for your successful brand-name products.
- In the event of component discontinuations, we will help you updating your products.
- Safe controllers, sensors and power electronics
- Motor controllers for very small vehicles
- Controllers and gateways with various communication protocols
- HMI operator panels
- Safety PLCs for mobile machines
- Highly robust servo drives with integrated safety card
- Drive inverters for industrial trucks
- Concept development of a safe system with non-safe sensors for autonomous agricultural machinery
- System safety concept for mobile robotics
Standards and Directives
We work to the following standards and directives among others
- Machinery directive: 2006/42/EC
- ISO 13849: “Safety of machinery - Safety-related parts of control systems”
- IEC 62061: “Safety of machinery – functional safety of electrical, electronic and programmable electronic safety-related control systems”
- IEC 61508: “Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems”
- ISO 25119: “Tractors and machinery for agriculture and forestry - Safety-related parts of control systems”
- EN 16590: “Tractors and machinery for agriculture and forestry”
- EN 15194: “Cycles – electrically power assisted cycles – EPAC”
- ISO 11783: “Tractors and machinery for agriculture and forestry - Serial control and communications data network”