Calculation of Safety Parameters
Failure Modes, Effects and Diagnostic Coverage Analysis (FMEDA) is a procedure carried out in the design phase of electronics to determine faults, their causes and their effect on the system behaviour.
The basic safety standard IEC 61508 as well as the safety standards for the control systems of machines EN 62061 and EN ISO 13849 require that faults in safety-relevant systems be avoided and/or controlled in order to limit the residual fault probability to the lowest possible level. To determine these and other safety and safety-related parameters such as PFH, SFF and MTTFd, an FMEDA is created to estimate the residual error probability.
We are the leading development service provider for functionally safe devices in measurement, control and drive technology, medical technology and for associated operating devices.embeX was the first company worldwide to be awarded the highest maturity level for Functional Safety Management (FSM) in accordance with IEC 61508 by TÜV Rheinland.
By using FMEDA, we create the estimation of safety figures for you and calculate all safety figures and parameters on the basis of our embeX FMEDA tool.
- Competent and comprehensive advice
- Preparation and review of the safety concepts and the safety requirement specification
- Review and safety optimisation of the circuit design
- Calculation of all safety parameters and parameters of IEC 61508, IEC 62061, ISO 13849 and IEC 61800-5-2:
- PFH, SFF, DC, MTTFd, CCF, ß-Faktor, λdu, λdd, λsd und λsu