Engineering Competence for Hydrogen Usage
Let us develop your H2 solution! From the moment your idea is born all the way to production!
embeX masters all of the demanding development competencies to make the use of hydrogen safe and to develop innovative devices for hydrogen use: From dedicated industry knowledge of the application markets to power electronics, functional safety and explosion protection.
- System engineering
- Electrical integration of electrolysis and fuel cells
- Hydrogen compressors
- Hydrogen handling and transport
- Long-term and extensive know-how in the most relevant application sectors
- We are the only development service provider to implement explosion protection in accordance with all common types of ignition protection.
- We develop functionally safe devices for you, e.g. sensors, valves and safety controls certified according to IEC 61508 (SIL), or work out partial solutions.
- We safeguard functional safety through cyber security.
- We develop power electronics up to the 500 kW range.
- We integrate your system into the IOT.
- We verify the systems on the test benches in our extensively equipped laboratories.
- Finally, we take care of the approval in the worldwide sales markets.
Standards and Directives
We are certified to IEC 61508 and work to the following standards and directives among others
- IEC 61508: “Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems”
- IEC 61511: “Functional safety - Safety instrumented systems for the process industry sector”
- EN 50271: “Electrical apparatus for the detection and measurement of combustible gases, toxic gases or oxygen”
- IEC 62443: “Industrial communication networks - Network and system security”
- IEC TR 63074: “Security aspects related to functional safety of safety-related control systems”
- ATEX Explosion Protective Directive 2014/34/EU
- IEC 60079: “Explosive atmospheres”
- EN 50495: “Safety devices required for the safe functioning of equipment with respect to explosion risks”