Measurement and Test Technology
embeX develops and supplies automated test and inspection systems that are used in multiple ways: In preliminary investigations, during development, type testing and subsequent production. The platfom approach reduces costs significantly.
In addition, embeX develops test benches for the testing of components and systems under realistic conditions. To this end, we use a uniform platform, the embeX measurement platform MPL based on LabVIEW and TestStand, to enable efficient and flexible use. With the help of embeX MPL, we cover all phases of the product lifecycle with one platform: from use in pre-development and verification through to production and repair, after-sales and the development of product variants.
The hardware used in each phase is oriented to the individual requirements. The measurement and test programs each represent a subgroup of all available programs. This ensures highly efficient use of the measurement platform across products through vertical and horizontal integration. Due to our many years of experience in measurement and test technology, we can always tailor measurement and test systems based on a large platform to your individual requirements.
Automised Test Systems
The development of high-quality embedded systems requires extensive testing and trial. For this purpose, embeX relies on in-house developed automated test systems, based on our modular measurement platform embeX MPL. This enables efficient developments and simple extensions for individual projects. The basis of this platform is TestStand in combination with LabVIEW in order to guarantee a flexible and easily expandable overall system.
The following modules are integrated and implemented in our test systems:
- Dynamic routing of measurement signals to measuring devices by means of a switching matrix
- Acquisition and evaluation of dynamic, transient signals
- Connection and control of test items via various buses (IO-Link, CAN, etc.)
- Systematic evaluation of the acquired measurement data
- Connection of the test specimen by means of a needle adapter
- Boundary scan
In addition to the development and implementation of automatic test systems, we are also happy to support you in creating the necessary test strategies, test concepts and test specifications required for a sucessful verification.
In addition to automated test systems, embeX develops test benches for the testing of individual components or systems. For example, we focus on endurance test benches or testing under special environmental conditions. Due to our know-how in the field of testing technology, hardware-in-the-loop test benches are also part of our expertise. Here, too, embeX uses a modular framework to efficiently design data acquisition and data handling. This is particularly important for endurance tests due to the amount of data collected.
embeX operates an own EMC lab for measurements according to the generic standards IEC 61000-x-y which accompany the development and for EMC debugging. The following measurements are carried out in-house with calibrated devices:
- Burst according to IEC 61000-4-4 up to 5.5 kV
- Surge according to IEC 61000-4-5 up to 5 kV
- Conducted immunity according to IEC 61000-4-6
- Frequency range: 150 kHz up to 230 MHz
- Conducted emission according to CISPR 16-2-1
- Frequency range: 150 kHz up to 30 MHz
- Voltage dips and short interruptions
- DC according to IEC 61000-4-29
- AC according to IEC 61000-4-11
- Emission in TEM cell according to CISPR 16-2-3
- Frequency range: 30 MHz up to 1 GHz
- Immunity in TEM cell according to IEC 61000-4-3
- Field strength: Up to 12 V/m
- Frequency range: 30 MHz up to 1 GHz
- Test object size: Up to 450 x 300 x 200 mm3
- ESD according to IEC 61000-4-2
- Up to 8 kV contact discharge
- Up to 15 kV air discharge
Test stand for energy storage systems
- Supply voltage: 1 - 800 V
- Current: max. 200 A
- Power: max. 110 kW
- Simulation of battery internals capacities, resistors and further properties
Electrical motor test stands
- Speed: 1558 / 4098 / 4098 rpm
- Torque: 481 / 122 Nm
- Power: 78.5 / 52.4 kW
- Combinable with above mentioned climate chamber
- TestStand (National Instruments)
- LabVIEW (National Instruments)